released December 11th, 2020
(recorded December 10, 2020) - 60 minutes
a) Don't Take Our Word For It: Part 2 of our breakdown of the survey from McKinsey published on November 12, 2020 after conducting COVID-19 surveys since April 2020 that provided essential data for the changing consumer behavior you need to plan for.
• Due to COVID-19, 8% of Americans began using BOPIS and 18% said they were using it more
• Of those using BOPIS now, 65% said they would continue to use it after COVID-19 crisis has passed. Important note: McKinsey states that BOPIS is a habit that's here to stay.
• 40% said that they chose a new brand because the website said products were in-stock
• 26% of those surveyed said they were new users of BOPIS service
• 25% of Americans believe it will take 4-6 months to return back to a normal personal routine
• 21% of Americans believe it will take 7-12 months to return back to a normal personal routine
• 24% of Americans believe it will take more than a year to return back to a normal personal routine
McKinsey believes that the pandemic accelerated the adoption of ecommerce that was expected to take 10 years in the US.
b) Rethink Your eComm: Matt and George go through some of the stumbling blocks of setting up ecommerce, from complaints of photography, descriptions, and customer service.